NV Statewide Large-scale Digitization Workshop
May 18, 2018
9:00 a.m — 3:30p.m.
Goldfield Room on the 3rd floor of Lied Library
on the University of Nevada, Las Vegas campus.
Please join UNLV University Libraries and cultural heritage colleagues from across Nevada for a day of learning, information-sharing, and collaboration. This symposium will offer panel sessions, hands-on activities, and facilitated discussions to help organizations of all sizes and resource levels ramp up digitization activities and increase access to unique collections. All attendees will leave the symposium with concrete plans customized for their organization. Sessions will help participants:
- Understand what defines large-scale digitization vs. other types of digital projects
- Learn about funding models for organizations of all sizes/staffing levels
- Hear lessons learned from the 2017 LSTA-funded Ramping Up digitization grant project
- Visit the “Equipment Buffet” to “shop” for digitization equipment
- Discuss the challenges of large-scale and how workflows can be evolved
- Brainstorm new partnerships and share your vision of Nevada’s digital future
- Tour the UNLV University Libraries digitization lab
Travel funding grants are available to Nevada residents.
Morning coffee/pastries and catered lunch will be included for all attendees.
Funds for this project have been provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the Nevada State Library, Archives and Public Records.
If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Lonnie Marshall in University Libraries Administration in advance at 702-895-4517 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Cory Lampert (702) 895-2209 or email@example.com
- Friday, May 18, 2018
- 9:00am - 3:30pm
- Lied Library - Goldfield Room - 3rd floor