Research Data Series: Managing Data in Excel
Research Data Series: Managing Data in Excel Online
Good data organization is the foundation of any project. Many people, whether engaging in research or doing everyday tasks, begin with data in spreadsheets. We organize data in spreadsheets in the ways that we as humans want to work with the data, but computers require that data be organized in particular ways.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Recommended data entry practices
- How to avoid common formatting mistakes
- Approaches for handling dates in spreadsheets
- Fundamental quality control and data manipulation in spreadsheets
No prior experience in working with Excel is required.
- Thursday, November 3, 2022
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.